dare to dream

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Jakarta On The Rocks!


last nite, i had a strange dream. a dream that i sincerely hope can become a reality someday. man....it was the weirdest dream ever! rasa macam betul betul berlaku! in that dream, it started off with me, standing in a hall within KLIA, alone. all of a sudden, i realized that i was holding a flight ticket to Jakarta! i was so happy like hell! i knew that at last, i would have the chance to meet the one and only Monalisa Mochtar (the last time i met her was at Jeddah International Airport somewhere in 2005 after performing umrah). and then, out of nowhere, i heard an announcement saying," kepada penumpang penumpang penerbangan ke Jakarta, penerbangan anda akan berlepas setengah jam dari sekarang. sila tunggu di dewan pelepasan. terima kasih!"
i quickly ran to the departure hall and saw one of the officers smiled at me and asked for my flight ticket. and then i heard someone said,'' welcome aboard, sir?" to cut a long story short, i arrived at Jakarta International Airport (I didn't know the name of the airport actually), somewhere in the evening. i was so amazed when everyone was talking in the kind of language that i always love to hear ," apa om sedang menunggu seseorang? apa saya bisa bantu om?
hahaha....i was laughing all along and at the same time i was looking for Monalisa's business card, the only "map" that can bring me to her. i was planning for a surprise visit to her office, somewhere near Kwitang. all of sudden i heard someone said," Kamal, bangunlah! tak nak sembahyang Subuh ke?" i started to turn around but saw nobody behind me. and again the same voice with the same instruction appeared. but this time a bit louder. "Kamal! tak nak kerja ke? hari ni hari Isnin. jalan pagi pagi dah jam. baik bangun cepat!"
i slowly realized that it was just a dream when my big brother, Sham switched on the light and asked me to take a bath quickly as it was already 6 am. i swear to God that the dream was like a reality. i could still hear someone said," lekas om! mobilnya sudah ada. apa tungguin lagi?"
hahaha....what a dream! well...if you guys give me a free flight ticket to Disneyland, i would happily reject the offer because for me, Jakarta has something that i can hardly explain, which is so instrumental to my heart. is Monalisa my soulmate? only God knows. at the moment, i'm still a bachelor and i guess, i don't want to settle down yet. i have so many things to do this year. and of course, my parents are more important than anything else in this world. till then!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may your dream comes true.

Anonymous said...

Ahaaa…u have updated your blog :-D

dreams..it can be really nice or ottherwise.anyway,hope your dream comes true, Insyallah.
To answer your doubt, we do not know each other but I love to read, I’m glad to have 3-4 blogs in my list to “check it out” regularly. Since I do not have writing skills, I sincerely admired yours. All the best to you –maya-