dare to dream

Sunday, May 14, 2006

the islander


hi guys! some people ask me why "The Islander"? is there any peculiar reason behind it? well..to tell u the truth, my family and i used to live in Pangkor Island for almost 2 years. my father was the Pengetua or Principal of Sekolah Menengah Pangkor before he was transferred back to State Education Department (Jabatan Pendidikan Negeri) in Ipoh as Director of Education. during that period, i realized that i was so into beaches and sea. i loved the environment and i loved being surrounded by sea and nice views. i was so in love with the sea breeze, the trees, the white sand along the beach so on and so forth. from there onwards, i declared myself as an islander. a boring story, isn't it? when i was in UITM, my friends called me A 'the islander' C. don't ask me why. in 1995, in order to complete my Diploma, i did my internship training in Langkawi Island for 3 months, i was in semester 5 at that time. it was really the best moment i ever had in my life. it sparked my spirit and i realized that my love to sea and white beaches was even stronger than before. so that's how the story goes. gotta go now!

No comments: